on 6 November 2002
John Mayer's album, Room For Squares, is an incredibly pleasing addition to my collection, his soft voice and talented, gentle guitar playing soothes any pains I have, and I find myself singing along, though not with such a perfect voice as I hear.
Most of the songs tell a beautifully written story, able to evoke emotions that haven't been stimulated all day. Listening to his voice is pure pleasure, and creates a smile on my face.
This album is actually his second, after he was discovered and signed up. If you are pondering over which to get, I recommend this one, then if you like it (which I can't see anyone who truly appreciates beautiful music such as this, not doing), get Inside Wants Out, which features the original versions of most songs on this album, and also some you'll have not heard, but will love just as much.
This album has 13 tracks, averaging more than 4 minutes in length, and I think it will appeal to anyone who is into soft rock, acoustic, mellow, or even the harder rock and indie bands... if you like songs to have meaning in their lyrics, and take you somewhere, John Mayer's for you. Whether for chilling out, relaxing, or a bus journey to college (for me ;))... his music will entertain and please your senses.
I can't pick a favourite song from this album... each song has such amazing qualities, and lovely melodies... Before hearing his music, "John Mayer" was a stranger... now his music, is the friend that's keeping me company, when I'm lonely, when I'm happy, when I'm sad, when I don't want to be on my own...
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?