Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

on July 2, 2011
I saw one of these being used on tv by someone in the background making bread. At the time I thought that's what I need. I had been using a thing like a cake slice and when the handle parted company with the blade it was time to look for a replacement.

It took a lot of time and research, not easy when you don't know the name of what you are searching for, and eventually discovered the Scottish Dough Scraper.

I am so glad I persisted. I make four loaves at a time and this scraper is just right for cutting the dough, lifting each piece to place onto the scales to check the weight and for holding any trimmings which are then cut and added to the main pieces. I am sure it will be just as useful when making rolls, too.

It is a good weight, has a comfortable non slip handle and the blade is sturdy and good enough for cutting dough but not sharp so as to cause damage.
11 comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?