VINE VOICEHALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon April 5, 2014
I must admit when this new series appeared on TV I watched the first episode with some apprehension as Ben Miller was replaced by Kris Marshall. The problem would be how much would the show alter, but seeing Marshall’s character was different to Miller’s was a relief, and seeing Humphrey being disorganised with bits of paper stuck in his pockets with statements, etc. written down, and the fact that he was clumsy, I was immediately reminded of myself, and so I was glued to the TV for every episode.

Filmed on the tropical paradise that is Guadeloupe we are once again treated to some really good whodunits, with loads of well known faces. But what keeps the show so popular isn’t just that, but the way the main characters are portrayed and interact with each other. We knew that inevitably Ben Miller would leave, as after the first series he did say about the heat being a bit too much for him (rather like myself when it comes to heat), but in Kris Marshall a worthy replacement has been found.

This DVD has subtitles and seven short extra ‘films’ of about three minutes duration each, that show the island, talks to the cast and crew, and the shocking truth (for some) about Harry the lizard. I’ve got all the series’ so far, I loved watching them when they were first broadcast, and I love watching them whenever I like, so as with the first two series’, this is great for your collection.
0Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?