on 10 January 2001
Love it to pieces. This is 50+ mins / 16 tracks of live studio recordings with a Jazz trio - Bjork obviously providing the typically perfect vocals. This is all top notch Jazz from the very first second, and considering these were live recordings, the production and musicianship seems all the more outstanding.
This helped me get over the dissapointment that was Selmasongs (too short, missing a song or two from Dancer In The Dark), and instantly became my fave Bjork album, if anything because so many of the songs are so very memorable. Standout tracks include: Gling-Glo, Tondeleyo, Luktar-Gvendur and Bella Simamaer - this is a must get for Bjork fans (there's trad, slow and a few other styles of Jazz here, so I believe "diverse" describes this album quite well).
Last note: most of the songs are Icelandic I believe, and the final two are English (and there could be other languages here too, I've no idea to be honest :). Believe me when I say - this DEFINITELY won't bother you in the slightest, even if you can't speak the languages. Doesn't bother me at all - can I say exotic (yes, she is :)?
47 people found this helpful