on 16 May 2014
Originally released over 50 years ago, when the Everly Brothers were in their prime, this 12 track CD with 6 add-ons is a world away from what we were used to hearing. Here we have a combination of interpretations of Folk songs, mostly at a slow pace, with the inference, at least of death or passing.

The choice of material is not commercial in any way, and I am advised that the main reason it sold so well, was the fact that the Everly Brothers name was on the label. One track was a minor hit, "I`m Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail" reach the mid-70`s only.

Whilst every song is sung the best way possible, by the best pop/country/rock duo in recording history, in my opinion, I do feel that a little more variety would have appealed to the masses even more. Finally, why,oh why, do we have these outtakes as `bonus` tracks, when they were clearly not good enough to put on the album in the first place. It might have been better to give us something different?
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink