TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 August 2012
I am a beginner knitter, I desperately was trying to work out how to do a purl stitch, and I specifically bought this book because the description included "for beginners." It's not.

The stitches are demonstrated through photographs in cream-coloured wool, so that you can't see the detail properly. I have more success with drawn illustrations that show clearly the outlines of the wool, and also have directional arrows in the drawing.

No matter how hard I tried, I could not work out a purl stitch from this book, and finally learnt it from a video clip on Youtube.

It looks like a very comprehensive book with many, many stitches, so I will keep it for further reference for when I'm a more advanced knitter.

But it's not for my current level.
15 people found this helpful