on March 15, 2009
This book is undeniably head and shoulders above most self help books. It is comprehensive and well written, and has been useful for me in clarifying what I value and want in life.

However, I found it difficult to relate to many of the techniques which I felt were flimsey and ineffective. The STRAIN technique, for example, which you work through when feeling stressed, does nothing for me at all, and the 'Mindfulness' exercise in particular I thought was very weak. After six months or so I cant say I feel anymore confident, though I do have a clearer idea as to what I want to achieve.

That said, if your confidence is very low then you will likely take more away from this book than I did.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?