VINE VOICEon 8 April 2013
I watched this film with my wife last night.
I had already warned her about the subject matter and the critical reviews,fully expecting her not to like it.However,I wanted to see it.So we did.
The bottle of wine and two Toblerones went down nicely as well.
We both agreed that this is a great film but probably flawed, but I would find it difficult to pick out the flaws.
It is intense,powerful,brilliantly acted and very well scripted.Not a 'normal' film at all.
Nicole Kidman simply acts her a*** off,John Cusack is very suitably a nasty piece of work,Mattew(I can never spell his last name)is a revelation and everyone else is also very good.
We loved it.
Obviously very adult with themes about what does or does not define humanity and very tragic.I thought,at first,that some of the scenes were for 'shock tactic' value but now I'm not so sure.They appear now,the following day,to be very pertinent.
Anyway,we both seriously enjoyed this for what it is.Not for everydody but perhaps something of a future masterpiece.
22 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?