on 9 January 2006
I first heard Nouvelle Vague on the TV adverts for T-Mobile and HAD to find out who they were - I was wild with excitement when I found out they even had an album out! Although disappointed with Love Will Tear Us Apart and Just Can't Get Enough, I think the tracks improve as the album goes on. In A Manner of Speaking and I Melt are my favourites.
On the whole the songs avoid the trap of being trite party pieces, and actually do breathe new life into classic songs I grew up with. I agree with the reviewer who asked for a Smiths song. I wonder if they do requests...?
What's this?