VINE VOICEon 9 April 2012
I've met (briefly) Tiff a couple of times and he seems to be a genuinely nice bloke (not all racing drivers are, in my experience) who really is the 'happy-go-lucky' bloke you see on TV.

Of course, like some of the other reviewers, I remember when he was a real contender for 'next best thing' in F1, but without the grooming of MerClaren or the luck of Mansell and Hill, he never quite made it.

This book covers his 'almost making it' career with the mild-disbelief and good humour I've come to expect of Tiff. I've not quite finished it yet, but over the 4 days of the Easter break I've read two-thirds and that's a great credit to the book as I rarely read this much so quickly.

I was at a lot of the races (F3, Group C, BMW County Championship, Saab Turbos!) that Tiff talks about, so it's as much a trip down memory lane for me as it is the story of his life.

He talks a lot of sense about Motor Racing and how it's change too, or so it seems to me.

Great book for anyone who likes Tiff's TV persona, Group C or a story of battling against the odds and, overall, coming out on top.

Tiff Gear? Top Read!