on 2 October 2008
This is a VERY good series, definately one of my favourites, if not the favourite, and it hasn't finished yet.
So, here we have the 8th instalment of this epic story, beginning slightly after the end of no. 6, Demon Apocalypse, and once again it is told from the point of view of Grubbs, which is good because he's the main main character but we havn't heard from Kernel since book 2, so I very much hope the next book will tell his story in the latest turn of events.
The book gets straight into the juicy demon-slaying action that is spread around these books *yay* but it does take a while to re-cap and such when we already know what happened, but I suppose dear Mr. Shan has to remind everyone in case they forget, good good. And Then a scene is repeated from book 7 0_o like whaaat, I found that pretty weird but it was nessesary, and cleverly written from the two points of veiw.
Now I shant say any further into the plot incase your reading this before the book, all I'll say is that some is predictible and it seems to be going smoothly but as it is in all Darren Shan books there's some very nice twistyness and disabling of the cliche 'hero' figure and a slight *anything is possible* feel. I like this very much. Plus OMINOUS PROPHECY TIME WOO Thank you Darren.
0Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?