on 15 May 2012
I bought this game about 2 years ago as I wanted a racing game for the Wii, but for some reason never really got into it. I found the steering with the wiimote to be tedious, difficult and not intuitive - perhaps using the Plus accessory should have been considered by the developers?

But I got myself a classic controller recently, and this being one of only a few games that I own that supports it, I decided to throw it back in just for a quick test run. I haven't ejected it since.

Using the much more comfortable and relaxing classic controller has enabled me to really enjoy the game from the comfort of my couch. Although I love the acrobatics required for some games, I think a more serious game like this requires you to sit back and let your mind do the work.

Good game, it's a shame that poor controls almost ruined the experience initially, but now I'm finally getting my money's worth. The cars seem to behave realistically (except for collisions and damage, but that's OK I never really got into the hard-core racing sims), the graphics are decent enough. Fortunately the developers ensured that the framerate stays high, even if at the cost of some visual aspects, which makes the gaming experience so much more fun.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details