11 of 17 people found the following review helpful
You're gonna twerk your bangerz!,
This review is from: Bangerz (Deluxe Version) (Audio CD)
WOW! Who'd have thought that when little miss Hannah Montana had released the then edgy album "Can't be tamed", we hadn't seen all of her. I literally mean nothing of her! But as much as her image has become controversial, there's nothing to doubt about the music: It simply rocks. It's Miley at her best!
It perfectly mixes pop with R&B and hip hop giving it a very urban and modern vibe. Those expecting classic Miley sounds, they will be disappointed. But those that like changes (and this is a great musical road she is following) it's the perfect early Christmas gift. It is full of single material with a little few exceptions, like "My darlin'" where, although the song is solid, the addition of rapper Future ruins everything (like he always does).
The best songs are:
- We can't stop: No explanation needed!
- SMS (Bangerz) (her collaboration with Britney) is great, though a bit dissappointing. Given the star power those two divas combine, it could have been epic...
- Love, party, money: No party is complete without money and Miley's R&B/hip hop jam!
- Wrecking ball: Maybe the best pop ballad of the year.
- #GETITRIGHT: The goofiest song of the album that can literally make your day. "I'm dancing in the mirror, I feel I got no panties on!" Are some of the silly lyrics!
- FU: A great song and a possible single choice.
- Do my thang: Miley has a potty mouth on this one, it's very urban and dancey and would serve as a great single.
- Someone else: A great ballad with modern dubstepy instrumentation. A big heads up for the gradually increasing music right before the bridge.
The deluxe tracks are OK!
For me, it's the best album of the year so far and a must buy for everyone that liked Rihanna's Unapologetic and is a fan of the style!