on 8 January 2012
LG 42LW550T 42-inch Widescreen Cinema Full HD 1080p 3D 100Hz LED Smart Internet TV with Freeview HD

Having spent two weeks of non stop searching looking for the perfect tv i have finally found the perfect tv.

Firstly, if your reading this you have probably read all the other reviews and have some doubt about the negatives mentioned about the tv.

Im a regular gamer (PS3) and one thing mentioned about this tv is the lag, even the professional reviews have give this tv a negative about this. Upon playing games such as Guitar hero at first there is lag to the point were some games are unplayable and i was unhappy with the tv at this point. However, having played with the settings, this is no longer an issue. To solve this I pressed the quick menu button on the remote and selected the 'Game' option on the AV selection, the lag goes completely away. You will see the screen adjust and go darker and this can be adjusted further in the settings.

The other negative about the tv i read about was the sound, to be honest I have not noticed any problems and have watched a couple of Blu-Rays to date without a problem. The sound is what i would expect from a tv and does not sound any worse than my previous thicker Toshiba tv. I really dont know what people are expecting from the sound if this is not good. If you want more bass get a surround sound system.

The 2d-3d conversion is surprisingly good, however when you put some real 3d content on the tv the picture looks sharp with plenty of depth. You wont get better 3d to be honest. With the 7 pairs of free glasses included i highly recommend that you choose the cinema 3D instead of active. The glasses are cheaper lighter and provide less strain on your eyes.

Uncharted 3 looks amazing, along with sonic generations, i tried F1 2011 with the 2d-3d conversion and this was excellent also. I don't play uncharted 3 without using the 3d now.

Ive been watching the tv in the dark and found no problems with the 3D, despite having read a review about this.

I have my router close to the tv so i was able to connect to the internet via a LAN cable. The tv recognised it was connected straight away and started to download an update. I have only downloaded 1 app to date which was the 3D app which lets you steam alot of 3D videos from the internet. The Youtube app lets you watch any youtube video, however using the standard remote takes abit of time to type what you are searching for. I may buy the other remote which you can use just like you Wii controllers.

Despite the title the 42LW550T is 600hz which provides clear movement of fast moving objects on the screen minimising any stutter. This works great when watching football and ive noticed it kick in when playing games. Lots of difference compared to my previous 50hz tv.

A little extra i have got with the tv which i did not expect was the option to view videos, pictures and listen to music from my laptop. My laptop connects to the wifi though wireless and it found my tv and asked if it could share files with the tv. I enabled it and before i knew it i was watching videos on my tv stored on my laptop. I must point out that some of the file formats were not recognised, such as wmv. type files.

I opted to go for an LED tv as they use less energy then other type if tv's and also provide a greater picture. This tv is packed full of energy saving features and having the tv on all day, you can not barely feel any heat coming off it.

I searched all over for the best deal for the price and this was the one i always come back to, im so glad that i bought it despite the negative reviews.

So to save you time, i would buy this without searching any more, don't opt for a cheaper plasma spend a bit more on this LED smart 3D tv, you wont be disappointed.

I will provide any updates if i find any problems in the meantime.
0Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?