4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for covering cracked plaster, 11 May 2012
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Giraffe Soft Toy (Rag Book)
My daughter recently bought this giraffe for my wife, for Mother's Day. I thought it was quite a sophisticated and expensive choice, given she is only 2, but I still think it is a fantastic toy. My wife, however, thinks it is not an appropriate gift for an adult and believes my daughter bought it with every intention of keeping it for herself.

The toy is huge and takes up the entire corner of our dining room, which is fantastic as I no longer have to repair the broken plaster on the wall. This also makes my wife angry.

The photo listed alongside this item shows a tiny child staring up, admiringly, at the impressively proportioned giraffe, yet the product description insists it is unsuitable for children under the age of 36 months.

From this I can only surmise that:

A) The seller harbours a callous disregard for the safety of small children
or
B) The child in the photograph is in fact a convincing stunt-dwarf, trained in the dark arts of handling dangerous animals, like a 4ft stuffed giraffe.

I have been unable to establish why this item is unsafe for the under-3s. I can only assume a toddler might try to climb it, in a desperate and frenzied bid to reach the dried apricots on the 3rd shelf up. My daughter is unlikely to do this, preferring instead to use an upended coffee table. For this reason she felt safe in disregarding the seller's advice and bought the giraffe anyway.

In summary, this is an excellent toy for all ages and if you're considering buying a 4ft stuffed giraffe; this should definitely be in your top 5 options.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 May 2012 09:29:02 BDT
TomE says:
Great review!

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 23:31:40 BDT
Sam says:
Your review is hilarious, my son and I were giggling about your "stunt-dwarf" reference! :-D

Posted on 26 Sep 2012 17:01:49 BDT
Roz Gerrie says:
Very funny :)

Posted on 15 Oct 2012 21:56:14 BDT
SaraH says:
Sold!!

Posted on 22 Oct 2012 15:16:03 BDT
O Kemp says:
Congrats, u almost made me spit out my coffee at my desk with laughter!! Brilliant!

Posted on 2 Dec 2012 21:13:38 GMT
A. Peddell says:
Love it when people take the time to write great reviews to make people smile!

Posted on 6 Apr 2013 10:16:38 BDT
Yvonne says:
Amazon should give you a job writing reviews and pay you in large stuffed animals!!

Posted on 22 May 2013 11:57:02 BDT
steady says:
hee hee hee.brill!i will move the dried apricots.thanku!

Posted on 13 Sep 2013 22:46:29 BDT
Covers up the broken plaster? I will be buying one in the near future!!! (FAB review!)

Posted on 17 Oct 2013 11:40:33 BDT
Tothebeach says:
Hilarious review- I will buy a herd and use them to hang clothes on and dry laundry.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›