on 8 June 2012
These headphones are quite simply the best I have heard and the price reflects that. They are also beautiful and feel great just to touch. However, I had to send them back. They came with three different earbuds. None of the buds fit me well and since the earphone casing is a bit heavier than normal having to house all that power and metal, they just kept falling out even when I was sitting with my head absolutely still. I could not relax and listen to the music since I kept having to adjust them. In addition to the weight, the mic on the left also heavy pulls down the left earphone much faster. Other manufactures of high end earphones like Shure created designs that curve and leads that go over the ear to avoid downward pull. You may be lucky and be a perfect fit for one of the buds but I wasn't. I cannot imagine anyone using this for exercise without them dropping out every two metres.

I can't help feeling that we have come to a fork in the road with earphones with this model. Here we have almost the most superior sound you can have but comfort is really lagging behind all the developments in sound. The sound different between a £80 earphone and £200 earphone is not really 2.5 times as enjoyable or even perceptible for certain types of music. Also for £200, your earphones phone functions are tied to the iPhone. If you fall in love with an Android or windows phone phone, it is a bit too much to ask those who love their music and sound to invest another £200 every time they change phones. It seems to be me that manufacturers should start concentrating on comfort and a means to get interoperability between platforms before going for even better sound that most people will not full perceive or that does not really affect your music enjoyment between the £80 range and the £200 range.

I really don't know what rating to give. Sound is excellent. Comfort very poor for me (maybe it's just my ears), interoperability for that price needs to be there. And with earphone prices like this, more shops need to find a way of people trying out these earphones before buying. None of the shops in London allowed that.
22 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.