TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 June 2013
There are many mixed reviews of this book here, it is certainly not for everyone, I for one really enjoyed it. I have to confess, Chuck Palahniuk is one of my favourite authors, so there was every chance I would like it.

The story is certainly an interesting one, with a popular adult film actress Cassie Wright wanting to end her career on a high by breaking a very notorious world record. On hand to help her out are several volunteers, including the narrators of this book, numbers 72, 137 and 600, three guys from different backgrounds who all want to take part for different reasons, and Ms Wright's faithful assistant Sheila.

So, the subject matter is not going to suit everyone. Now that is out of the way, what we have here is a book full of dark humour, some childish laughs but done well, some more dark and twisted, and some very unique writing. If this story in any way mirrors the real adult entertainment industry well forget any thoughts that this world being glamourous. The picture Palahniuk paints is one that is grimy, sleazy and stinking. And yet, despite this bleak picture and most of the characters being pretty unlikeable, I found the whole story gripping and was sorry to reach the end.

The general consensus among reviewers seems to be that this is not one of Palahniuk's best books. I'm not sure I agree, but so far I have enjoyed each one that I have read and it is hard to pick a favourite. If you prefer long weighty novels then my only criticism would be that this book is pretty short, but I think the story was as long as it needed to be, any more would have been unneccesary bloating.

In closing, if you are not offended by the subject matter dealt with here, and you enjoy dark humour, I think Snuff is well worth reading.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details