on 14 June 2009
One Heart

I think I must have been hiding under a rock or something when this album was released back in 2003, as it's only recently that I discovered this little gem. I count myself as something of a Celine fan and yet I only discovered this album when trawling through her back catalogue on Amazon recently to see what other albums she'd done. I decided to buy this and am well pleased I did!

I can see from the other reviews that it's had a bit of a mixed reception, but I think this album is terrific. It's good to see Celion varying her style and repertoire by moving away from the big power ballads for which she's known and doing something more pop orientated. The album opens with a gutsy cover of Roy Orbison's "I Drove All night" and the uptempo pop theme continues with "Love Is All We Need", "In His Touch", the title track and my favourite song from the album, "Coulda Woulda Shoulda", all of which are, quite frankly, superb, and all of which definitely warrant a 10 out of 10.

Overall, I think this album is up there with the likes of "The Colour Of My Love" and "Let's Talk About Love" as amongst Celine's best, and it's certainly much better than her 2007 release, "Takin' Chances", which I was really disappointed with.
|0Comment|Report abuse| Permalink