Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Best of 2017 Shop now Shop now

on 26 March 2014
Good quality connector and it was despatched quickly along with an Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire 800 connector.

Until I purchased an iMac I had connected my elderly but excellent camcorder to my Windows PC using the Firewire 400 connector on the supplied lead. I hadn't even realised that there were two variants of Firewire, i.e. the 400 and 800 which are very different in design.

The adapter connected firmly and easily to both my 400 male connector on my camcorder lead and into the Apple Thunderbolt/Firewire 800 adapter and worked perfectly first time. Nearly £27 between them to connect a cable to a computer is a bit steep but cheaper than buying a new camcorder and throwing all my old tapes away.
What's this?