on 26 September 2013
My preliminary tests of this device, so far, have proved promising. I'm about to take it on an almost month long hike, in October, in Wales, so I will try and add more of an extensive review after. But so far, my experiences are pretty good. On a grey day, behind a car window, this was producing charge. On a grey day behind my (shamelessly dirty) west facing double glazed window, this produced charge, and charged my 3200mah external battery pack in a day (or just under half a day in reality, picking up charge at about 12pm ish and stopping when the sunsets behind the trees at about 6pm). The next time I used it on the same window, it was much more murky outside, and sometimes stopped charging, at the end of the day it only charge it up to 50%. Other days it has been too murky to charge at all. But consider the situation I tested it in, I was impressed.

I attached this to my backpack whilst out walking on Welsh hills/mountains for about 4 to 5 hours. The weather was changeable, sunny/cloudy/light rain/sunny, and this charged my external battery pack, which was already at 25% all the way to 100%.

So far I'm impressed. Because of another review about lack of voltage regulator, I've not plugged it straight into my phone and other devices, opting to put my external battery pack in the firing line. I'm a little dubious about it's water resistance, particularly the storage pouch at the back. But at this price, it's much cheaper than the competition and produced a decent amount of juice, more so than some of its more pricey competitors.

So far, I'm very impressed.
22 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?