on 8 February 2012
The headphones were just the right size and weight for me. They sit comfortably on the ear and can be worn for long periods of time without irritation. I used them on a long haul flight and while walking around the city I was visiting.
On the flight the bluetooth function worked generally well. When playing music or videos the sound quality was fine. Not exceptional, but I don't know whether the devices I was using (iPhone 4 and iPad 1) support the highest quality bluetooth codecs. In between tracks or immediately after pressing pause the headphones emit some clicks and noise, presumably as the DAC is powered down.
Trying to use the headphones in a city was a very different matter. I would regularly (at least every couple of minutes, sometimes continuously) get stutters and pauses as the music was interrupted. It made it impossible to use the headphones in this mode, I had to resort to using a wired connection. This happened even when seemingly there was no one else around. It just seems that the headphones are very sensitive to radio interference.
The noise cancellation worked okay, but I wasn't really impressed. It did cut out a lot of the low frequency noises of an aircraft, but introduced high frequency hiss as a cost. Using these headphones in a quiet environment makes this hiss very noticeable. Enabling the noise cancellation also seems to enables some sort of additional audio processing of the music too - the music becomes noticeably brighter and with greater stereo separation. By contrast disabling the noise cancellation makes the music sound flatter but without any of the high frequency hiss.
For the price I paid for these headphones I was underwhelmed. My main reason for buying these was to have a pair of wireless headphones I could use on my daily commute, but as the bluetooth function doesn't work reliably I have returned them for a refund.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.