5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
New ideas on leadership,
This review is from: The Three Levels of Leadership: How to Develop Your Leadership Presence, Knowhow and Skill (Paperback)
I have just finished reading the book and thought it was excellent. There are some new ideas that really struck a chord with me:
(1) The four-dimensional definition of leadership and the explanation of the purpose of a leader - the ideas are simple, but they are not obvious.
(2) The three levels model for developing leaders, which is different from what I have read elsewhere as it deals with the leader's psychology.
(3) The difference between leadership presence and charisma.
(4) The qualities of real presence.
(5) Why some leaders find it hard to adopt a servant-leadership mentality.
(6) The two lists of leadership behaviours, along with explanations of the knowhow and skills you need to support them.
(7) The difference between vision and mission and why it matters, plus how a team can together define a vision of their future.
(8) The leader's model of the psyche, which explains the difference between self and mind, how the mind works (especially the importance of beliefs) and how to practise self-mastery.
It is also surprisingly easy to read. Overall, it offers a complete framework for growing yourself as a leader, including techniques to develop your self-mastery and leadership presence and worksheets to help you see which leadership skills you need to improve first.