on 23 November 2012
I'm no audiophile, but it will come as no surprise that these wipe the floor with standard ipod earphones or with £50 Sennheisers. Sound is immersive and whilst they're nothing like I get from my mate's Grado over earphones, I hear stuff I never knew existed before in my favourite tracks. Attractively packaged, they feel like a luxury product. The metal is nice and `heavy' and the Kevlar cord feels great and all but completely eliminates tangles. It is not clear to me why the Kevlar was not used for the cables up to the ear pods, I think that is a big omission as they still get tangled. Case is rubbery - the earphones fit in very easily (wrap the cord around 3 fingers and then stuff `em in.

Volume and pause controls worked on my Blackberry Bold as did using the mic to make phone calls. All features (volume, skip, pause, play, etc) work on my Ipod Touch and on my iPhone 5. When walking I get some brushing noises through the cable, something I really hoped I would not get at this price point, but not as bad as cheap earphones.

Noise isolation is actually pretty good - using them for making phone calls feels a bit weird and I wonder if I am shouting to myself - and I have used them successfully on flights without being bothered by intrusive babies, hostess trolleys or jet engines.

Comfort is not bad, after a couple of hours my lugs start to feel it, but I just wiggle them and I'm all good.

The remote control is FIDDLY. Unlike cheaper earphones I find myself fumbling to get to the volume etc. I think it is because the control is rounded as opposed to more flat meaning you squeeze around until you find the buttons - it's the one thing I have not got used to 2 or 3 months on.

Whilst it's true that if anyone tried to take these off me I would cause a riot and it's also true these earphones are a thing of beauty, at £150 I may have been expecting _even_ more. So 5 stars @ £100, 4 stars @ £125, 3 stars @£150.
0Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?