on 4 July 2013
Positive out of the way first: good board, easy to install, very slick BIOS with very straight forward controls for OC'ing and comes with 2 SATA III cables (which is nice!). Also, great price when I bought it.

However, I bought this back in May in anticipation for my first PC build to feature an A10-6800K. Once I came to building said machine in mid June, I ran into a bit of a problem. The stock BIOS (version 1.7) does not support Richland so an update to version 2.0 (or higher) is required. Fair enough, thought I, doesn't sound too hard... At which point I discovered (and this is MSI's official advice by the way) that the only way to do this is to use a Trinity processor to update the BIOS then reinstall Richland APU... Argh!! The attentive will have noticed that this is a new build so I didn't have a trinity APU going spare and in the end decided to buy an A4-5300 just to install windows and flash the BIOS (not a bad APU at all actually).

I contacted MSI about this and they were polite and apologetic but ultimately powerless to help. They said that my board was made in Feb and the BIOS was released in April.... So, if you buy one right now for Richland, it MAY work, it may need a BIOS update.
33 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?