Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Learn more

on April 29, 2013
3 stars 

I hate to say this, but this book seriously peed me off..I have loved this series but I think that perhaps it was one book too many..the book started out really slow and whilst I was glad they got their HEA (which they also got in the last book) what I had to read to get there just seriously irritated me beyond belief...Lucy just totally morphed into a different person and one that I did not recognise and one that I disliked...

This book carries on from book 2..Jude gets drafted into the NFL and is now a millionaire...so what would a man that has always had nothing..not two dimes to rub together want to do...he is going to want to spend...and who would he want to spend it on...yes his fiancé of 3 years (yes 3 years but that is another thing I will rant about in a minute)...
* He buys her a new phone - she moans
* He buys a new house - she moans
* He buys a new car - she moans
* He keeps asking her to marry him - she moans
* He treats her to fancy restaurants - she moans
It is just one big moan fest from Lucy for a majority of the book...these two absolutely adore each other, you can still see that to some extent...she still has her aspirations of becoming a dancer and he knows that..she knew that he wanted to become a pro footballer, he gets his wish and she just seems to resent that..I appreciate her fears and worries that money can change people, but seriously, give the guy a break..how he put up with that is beyond me. To keep asking to get married and constantly being told soon...I would have given up...and the reasons for not getting married were very feeble..too young, I want to be a pro-dancer blah blah blah...if you love someone that much to agree to marry them, you should at least be prepared to get married!!

Jude was a bit caveman in this book which was a bit overpowering at times, but then he says to Lucy, so you can be a pro-dancer I will give up my career as a footballer once my 3 year contract is up..I will have made enough money to keep us forever in those 3 years...that is what I call love!!! He was prepared to give up everything to keep her happy..then something happens and she does not tell him WTF!!!! I can appreciate it can be daunting to say, hell I have been there 3 times..but I could never keep it a secret that long..OK his reaction in the car park was not the best but he did not realise that it had already happened, he was just talking from a long term view...however, his reaction when it did finally come out was totally inexcusable and I for one do not believe that the "old Jude" would have said it...them 3 words...so hurtful, he never would have said it!

Anton just peed me off, I do not condone cheating and for him to even try and pry Lucy away from Jude was just wrong..especially knowing she was his sisters best friend, but also, Lucy should have taken herself out of that situation once she knew what his intentions were.

Was lovely to see Holly and little Jude in this book and glad that they were there for Lucy.

Overall, disappointed but loved the ending...communication between the two of them was extremely lacking in this book..Jude just did everything he could for them, to give them a better life, Lucy just turned into some selfish moo that seriously got on my nerves..Holly and little Jude cheered the book up a bit and the ending made me happy...but other than that..not much more to say.

[...]