on 27 January 2014
I managed to get this album early and at first I really wasn't that impressed.

I had heard the songs Ninja and Kill The Power as they were the two singles released, and I loved them both. But when I started listening to the album, there were 4 songs I really wasn't keen on, and kind of put a downer on the rest of the album.

On the 24th of January, I went to see Skindred in Nottingham, and I was really intrigued to see how they would fit some of the new tunes in. First of all, the night was mental. Incredible set, super tight band, and the new tunes were awesome.

I really wasn't looking forward to seeing the two pop punk songs Saturday and We Live, but after seeing them live they have changed my mind on the album entirely. It is a great album with a great flow and some killer tunes. Im still not overly convinced on the song We Live, however it provided a much needed breather after Nobody in their live set...

The album on the whole is a little more accessible to the mainstream than all previous releases, and has some questionable Skindred sounding songs, however it is a great album with some of the best skindred songs yet!!!

Listen to: Kill The Power, Saturday, Proceed With Caution and Worlds On Fire to get a feel for the album.
What's this?