on 18 June 2014
I can't stress enough what an AMAZING game this is. I'd gotten to be extremely excited for it because of the great reviews the original version got. I was not dissapointed. Blood-boilingly thrilling, unbelievably immersive, magnificently crafted. All understatements of what this gae achieves. The story, characters, graphics, gameplay, atmosphere are al simply perfect.

That being said, a few remarks:
- Don't expect a nostalgic good-ol' Tomb Raider game, it's simply not similar to the older Tomb Raider games at all. Which doesn't mean that it doesn't do them jusice. On the contrary: As a lover of the old games as well, I can safely say this one keeps the standard high (and, in my humble opinion, raises it). The character herself is nothing like the Lara Croft we know and love, either. She's fragile and unexperienced... although that changes throughout the game obviously.
- It's not much use buying this version if you owned the last-gen version. Not having played it on last-gen, I did my research on the differences, and they are few: the graphics have been enhanced, and there's one extra tomb in the game. But if you sold your PS3 or 360 and still want to enjoy this game FOREVER (like I will), obviously this version is good for you.

Now, y review was raving, but of course tastes differ. I, for instance, am primarily a third-person action-adventure gamer. I can't guarantee FPS-players enjoying it as much as I did. But I cannot conceive of the idea that anyone dislikes playing this game.

Conclusion: Get this game. Get it now. Like, instantly. You're missing out BIG TIME without it.
What's this?