Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Learn more

on January 5, 2014
Had to return this.
My 3 stars are for my buying experience - the IPad Air is undoubtedly a 5 star tablet but the purchase experience I had wasn't 5 star. The return and refund arrangements were prompt and straightforward - but I shouldn't really have had to go through al of that just before Christmas!

The seller had sent what I think was a product packaged for the US market - the adaptor actually in the pack was a 2 flat-pin adaptor.
This purchase was from a seller whose sales were fulfilled by Amazon.
There is a significant difference between this arrangement and one where Amazon are the seller.

The seller had to be perfectly fair to them included an additional UK 3 pin adaptor but it was rated 10 W
I queried this online with Amazon, requesting simply a replacement for the adaptor.
May sound a tad picky but the 12w adaptor that should be provided charges the IPAD quicker than 10W and anyway, it should have come with a 12w in the first place!
I made Amazon my first point of contact since they processed my payment.
I didn't contact the seller directly so perhaps I didn't give them a chance to make things right.
However, I really didn't have the time to be making this more complicated than I thought it should be.

Unfortunately, I was told by an attentive Amazon (live text) person that my options were either to accept the whole package or return it all.
No provision to provide simply a replacement adaptor!!
Had to be returned
Amazon returns' arrangements and promptness usually excel but on this occasion it did seem a shame - I suppose this was due to the order being fulfilled by Amazon!

However, It hadn't been made clear in the 'blurb' that this wasn't going to be a purchase of an item actually intended for the UK market so overall I'm a tad disappointed.
1414 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?