on 6 October 2011
My 5 year old sennheiser earphones died last week so I wanted a new pair; I mainly use them on my phone (HTC Desire) and the ones provided by HTC are, well, awful. One advantage of these were, like the HTC ones, it had a built in mic (which is of decent quality) - saves any messing when I receive a call now. I didn't expect the in-line remote to be compatible with the Android phone (only one button works: end call/dial last person) as it does say "for iPod/iPhone/iPad"
[side note: with huge market share for Android, how come no big names have brought out 'compatible' earphones?]

Sound quality is really good though, especially considering the price. They have good bass and decent noise cancellation with being 'in-ear', which is perfect for walking and commuting.
It was a choice between these and the SoundMagic MP21 (similar price), and although they may have been equally as good, the earphone 'ends' looked big and bulky on the SoundMagic's from the picture whereas these looked (and are) slim and the right size (I don't want things coming out of my ear too far!). Also from brand snobbery, these are Sony and not some (relatively) unknown brand.
Finally what comes in the box is all the usual: 3 different size ear-bud pairs which are easy to replace and clean and a cable manager clip - a nice touch for keeping dangling cables to a minimum.
Overall a great set of earphones, a decent microphone and for the price, I don't think you can get much better! Highly recommended.
17 people found this helpful