on 13 June 2012
This is the first Ann Granger book I have read. The title intrigued me and the storyline seemed interesting so I thought maybe this would be another author to look for at the library.
I must admit that at first, I was not at all sure that I wanted to finish reading the book, but am glad that I persevered.
I like Ann's style of writing, even though my initial impressions led me to imagine the action to be taking place in America rather than in this country! (Goodness only knows why!)
Her characters seem very real and individual; the book contains humour, intrigue, poignancy and the entire story is one which is easily followed. Many facets of it are so true to life, too.
Overall, I recommend this novel and its author and will certainly add Ann Granger to my list of 'must look for' authors.
2 people found this helpful