on 10 September 2013
I also enjoyed this film more than I expected and ended up greatly moved by it. The negative critical reviews (understandably) just looked at it as another Pirates of the Caribbean blockbuster action comedy (which is no doubt what Disney hoped for too!) and it certainly fails there. BUT if you don't expect that and keep an open mind you'll find an intriguing film that, if you have a soul, may get you unexpectedly with its pathos, cinematography and fantastic soundtrack juxtaposed with the bizarre and surreal. I was rather bored for the first 20 minutes but then the film totally hooked me and I was nearly in tears by the closing sequence, in a good way! I didn't expect that at all. The actual Lone Ranger character is a bit of a side issue to the film, although his child like attempt to do the right thing in a corrupt world helped bring home the hypocracy in the difference between what we say we do, and know we ought to do, and what we actually do. I downloaded the soundtrack and am now playing it incessantly while waiting the blu ray release. Beware there are two soundtracks - one music inspired by the film (not particularly special), the other the ACTUAL Zimmer soundtrack (very special) that seems to be only an expensive (£20) US import in hard copy but download is around eight quid.
55 Comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details