on December 27, 2013
Positives:
- Lovely graphics, such an improvement from the PC games.
- Easy to understand how to play as tutorials are really good.
- The interactions are fun.
- I like how easy it is to make enclosures now, as paths etc are made for you. Maybe this could be a negative though... as it makes the game very easy, but personally I like it.

Negatives:
- The 'zoo limit' honestly ruins the whole game and there is absolutely no need for it. I played the freeplay mode for about 30mins before I was told I couldn't build anymore... I had only built a third of my zoo! Why give you so much space if you can't build anymore exhibits, attractions or add anymore animals? It makes no sense! I was gutted when I found this out and it put me off the whole game as you can hardly build anything and limits the whole experience. The PC game never had anything as stupid as this. I would love to know WHY there is a zoo limit, as I'm very puzzled by it.
- The variety of species is verging on poor. For the main exhibits, you can only get lions, tigers, rhinos, hippos, giraffes, bears, elephants and chimps. This seems pretty limited. They have way too many subspecies for each species (e.g. white rhino, black rhino, etc) there is 9 subspecies for giraffe... really? Where are the wolves, wild dogs, crocodiles, penguins, tapir, pandas, and all the other big cats? Why include a billion subspecies of lion and tiger but no other big cats such as cheetahs and leopards? I could go on with the missing animals. So many species from the PC game aren't there. The 'mini exhibits' do have more animals such as lemurs, meerkats, lizards, etc... but these are tiny enclosures and the interaction with these animals is poor. They seem more like decoration adds on than enclosures.

Overall, the graphics are beautiful and the whole game has the potential to be great. But the zoo limit completely ruins the game and the variety of animals you can make decent enclosures for is poor. I honestly hope Microsoft do something about this, as I am not the only one who finds this 'zoo limit' ridiculous.
Would not recommend unless you want to get bored of the game in about a day. Very disappointed as this was my favourite childhood game.
0Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?