VINE VOICEon 23 September 2008
I picked up this book second-hand in a charity shop last week and was a bit sceptical because this is obviously a book which was written many years ago. However as soon as I started reading it, like other reviewers here, I found immediate comfort and an accurate description of my symptoms and the causes of the physical sensations. My own GP has been totally unhelpful and I feel like taking a copy of this book into his surgery and urging him to recommend it to others.

Within a few chapters I was already able to face up to my irrational fears and start dealing with them and am astounded at how quickly I have started to recover. This book is immensely helpful and reassuring and I am rapidly returning to the strong, confident, cheerful person I was before I started suffering from anxiety attacks. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

(Update: 3 March 2010)
This book is still on my bedside table and goes with me when I travel. It has been so valuable whenever I have had a setback or renewed fears and has always provided comfort, sustenance and reassurance to the extent that I now rarely have to refer to it. But the surprising thing is that on those rare occasions that I do pick it up, it always seems to give me the boost I need to set me back on track again.

Buying this book was one of the best things I ever did.
117 people found this helpful