on 7 July 2008
How this book transported me to the times of my first solo forays to a foreign land. Every new discovery that Martin describes brought back the giddy excitement of learning to live life through another culture. I am quite sure that anyone that has spent time in a foreign country will enjoy this read. The gentle introduction to Gascon history and the unfolding commentary on Martin's acceptance by the locals enchanted me and left me yearning for the emotion of those carefree days as a languages student abroad. The tender narrative of Martin's blossoming friendship with Anja made my heart swell and wish myself back in the days of learning love beneath the French sun.

I did not know what to expect when I started reading this book, but can honestly say that I was very pleasantly surprised and wholeheartedly recommend this book.
What's this?