on 12 September 2013
If I'm honest I thought this book would be just like 'Call the Midwife' but I've read other books by the same author and so trusted her instinct for storytelling. To start with my imagination conjured up the nurse in Call the Midwife but that only lasted a page I got to know and love Millie. Oh my! She was nursing in some tough conditions and having to care for her family.

I genuinely couldn't put the book down. My husband would find me tucked away in some corner of the house reading when I really should have been doing other things.

The brilliant thing about the story is that it wasn't predictable. It didn't turn out how I expected - right down to the last page. The writing evoked emotion (I won't say any more!) and I desperately want to find out what happens next in Millie's life.
What's this?