on 7 December 2013
I moved from Windows, which I had been using since I was 12 way back in 1995, to Macs after a laptop had broken for the nth time driving me over the wall. It seems to be always the case that the most drastic decisions are taken when under sufficient provocation and computer purchases are no different.

I enjoyed using my MacBook Pro with its large trackpad and premium feel due to its construction of aluminium and glass. The OS helped a lot too, from Snow Leopard, that rare concatenation of speed, efficiency and beauty, up to Mavericks which is the Snow Leopard of the cloud computing days.

Hence, I decided to go "crazy" once more and purchase a lovely, high resolution'd yet uniquely designed iMac.

Whilst I had reservations about the all wireless tech included with it, I needn't have. The batteries in the wireless keyboard and mouse seem to last a fair amount of time although I would recommend the mouse be switched off when not in use.

It would be nice if Amazon had the option of the magic trackpad instead of the mouse. OS X is so much more pleasant to use with a large trackpad that one can take advantage of the myriad gestures included into the OS.
0Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?