5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
Codemasters on top form again!,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: DiRT 3 - Complete Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
For what this game contains (all the dlc and everything) it is great value for the price. That's not the reason you should buy it however. You should buy it because it's a great game that builds upon DiRT 2 in so many ways I've always been a fan of rally games and was firstly considering buying the standard edition, but for the extra few £££'s is settled for this one. The first time I played it I loved it. It's such an immersive game that maintains it's realism whilst still having that arcade feel. Here's why I liked it...
- The car variety is great and there are lots of iconic rally cars from the 60's all the way to the present.
- With this complete edition, the selection of maps is great. They're all different too, ranging from snowy roads of Norway to the arid surrounding of Kenya.
- The realism. This comes in subtle forms, as well as big realism such as crashes etc. The dirt flying up the car, the sound and the interaction with the environment is amazing. Driving through rivers and water will wipe the dirt off the car etc. When you crash, don't expect your car to be fine after too. It's the little things that make this game so much more realistic and enjoyable.
- The modes. There a lots of modes to choose from, from the games' highly publicised gymkhana, to rallying, to trailblazing and also joyriding. It's all there.
- The graphics are stunning also
Overall, I'd give this game a good 9.5/10. If you like driving game and like exhilarating racers, you'll love this.