on 14 March 2013
I bought this in sheer desperation as my trusty old (and completely brilliant) hp 3310 printer had decided to act up in it's old age (7+ years) and I needed something quick to print out some photos for a workshop I was running the same evening (did not buy it from Amazon). As one review says, they would not recommend using this printer to print out images on a regular basis as the quality (on card and photo paper) is not that great, and it truly isn't, but I was desperate, I didn't expect it to be brilliant. The reason I'm writing this review is to caution those thinking of buying this printer regarding the cartridges. I am told that when buying a new printer, cartridges included in the box (as they were here) are not normally full capacity. i managed to print off about 20 A4 photographs and then the colour cartridge ran out. Upon buying a new colour cartridge (between £18 - £29) I found ince again that the colour cartridge ran out after printing off 24 photos (less size than A4) I paid £38 for the printer and the replacement cartridges have so far cost me £42!!! If you wish to buy a printer to use on the odd occasion, for letters and such, then this will be a great buy, but as with any printer...please check the costs of the ink cartridges first and make sure you read reviews. I also found that it was quite slow at printing (60 pages took around 2 hours to print completely!) and it was rather noisey too. It does not have a tray to catch printed paper, so make sure you have something underneath to catch it for you. I notice a lot of people mention about the lack of the USB cord - I can't say that I am aware of any printer having one in the box, but you should find that the one off the old printer can be used instead.
I purchased this as I had no choice but I would say, if you want a good photo printer, you will have to pay a lot more, but most importantly...always read reviews before buying anything!
11 Comment| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?