Ok, so the title line was a bit obvious but I wanted to be the first to milk it!

I have never bought a John Barrowman album before, loving him only as an actor and TV presenter but after hearing "what about us?" I was hooked and bought this album on the day of release and I am so happy I did.

It is certainly an eclectic mix, you wouldn't necessarily have Uptown Girl and Angel on the same CD but I guess you shoudn't expect anything else from Mr B.

I'll only touch on a few of the songs in the review

The first song "What About Us?" written by Gary Barlow is incredible. It is powerful , emotive and yet remaining quite masculine for a song about love life insecurities.

"Angel" by Sarah McLachlan. Now this one is going to divide people I think. Even I was a bit wary the first time hearing it, but personally I love it. Yes it is slightly different to Sarah's haunting version, but it is still full of emotion and heart.

"I know him so well" A duet with Daniel Boys (from the TV show "Any Dream Will Do"). Well, Elaine and Barbara must be ecstatic with this one! Two gay singers changing the whole dynamic of the original song is just breathtaking. There is a key change towards the end that would knock Westlife off their stools thank you very much Daniel! Their voices compliment each other very well, and what a refreshing spin on a classic.

My slight criticism of this album would be that at times his song choices are a little predictable; I'd be surprised if there is a song on here that you don't know or can't hum along too, but is that necessarily a bad thing? It certainly didn't stop me buying the album...

All in all, I'm loving this album and I hope you do as well
0Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details