on 8 April 2009
Now, I'm not going into the film itself as such. That was purchased more for my little one than me, but I tell you, the Blu Ray transfer is spectacular.

Although, as some previous reviewers have said, it is a little dark in places, the action sequences and the crystal clear picture more than make up for any gloom.

I didn't notice any juddering in the faster sequences, but that may be because I've got a full HD tv. I watched it on a PS3, so I can't back up the other reviewer who blamed the PS3 for any picture malfunction. It was perfect.

I've only just started watching Blu Ray stuff, but if they're all as good as this, I'll be phasing out my DVD collection pretty darn quickly.

Ps I made this a 4 star, rather than 5 star product simply because the film was a little slow in some places and the acting (mainly by the actress who plays Hermione, although Harry himself is culpable) wasn't good enough to hold the attention in the less-than-thrilling scenes.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink