5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT ... READ THIS, 12 Dec. 2009
This review is from: NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Glasses (Accessory)
Ok so I got my Samsung SM2233BW 22-inch Widescreen TFT Monitor installed it no problem .... and then came over an hour of hell. I run a Windows 7 PRO system with 2 8800GTX cards in SLI format; AND HERE IS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS !!!!
I spend nearly an hour getting 'unrecognised Operating System' then I got a variety of mismatches and I tried downloading the latest drivers from NVIDIA ...anyway you get the idea. Well when I was about to give up and was cursing I tried one last thing. I disabled the SLI in the NVidia interface and TAH-DAH it all came good. So when you do buy this, follow the instructions carefully, make sure you do everything in the order it tells you ... but most of all make sure you disable SLI if you have it.

Now onto the games .... LEFT FOR DEAD (The original) absolutely rocks !!! It's fabulous !!! Turn it on and play the game and be prepared for fun :)
MODERN WARFARE 2 is also very very good with the guns feeling 'real' especially looking down the scope .... Depth needs to be set shallower than Left for DEAD as a lot of the waypoint writing is a little 'odd' looking...but set depth a tad shallower and it all comes good.
NOW .... Here's a thing. Games are rated as Poor, Medium, Good, Excellent and ..... 3D Ready. Well Left for Dead (Seriously...buy it) and MW2 are both classed as EXCELLENT but my son and I downloaded the BATMAN ARKHAM demo of the game and this is classified as '3D READY' and ... WOW !!!!! This really is just crazy.... it's sooooooo good. I hate BATMAN but I'm going to buy this just to play it :)

Anyway folks...if you have a decent graphics card (Check the NVidia site but top end 8 series, 9 series and the new 285/295 cards all support 3D) get a monitor and the glasses and you really will be blown away....this is definately a great leap forward and I really hope we get lots of early adopters.

5 stars !!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Feb 2010 21:53:26 GMT
'I spend nearly an hour getting 'unrecognised Operating System'' I get this when I use the Are you ready for... mini program. I use Windows 7 64-bit and it doesnt even regonise it. If the actual devices/drivers say this -its worrying :)

Posted on 1 Mar 2010 11:00:21 GMT
st2000 says:
Hello,

You mentioned Disabling SLI in order to get the 3D to work, yet... on Nvidia's website it states and I quote
"Note: NVIDIA 3D Vision currently supports 2-way NVIDIA SLIģ. A future driver update will support 3-way and Quad SLI."

Did you just use 2-Way SLI? or were you using 3-4 Gfx Cards???

I am really interested in this, I currently have 2 NVidia 9800 GTX's running in SLI.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2010 16:09:02 BDT
A. Cresswell says:
I have just 2 way. You can RE-ENABLE SLI AFTER it's installed. Just don't have it enabled when installing.

Posted on 25 Dec 2010 15:50:59 GMT
Kurt says:
I'm a bit concerned and wondering is windows 7 was even released officially in dec 2009!

If official support wasn't released for the hardware/software this review is totally invalid because it isn't supported

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Dec 2010 22:43:44 GMT
A. Cresswell says:
It really annoys me when people like you make comments without doing the first bit of checking before you come out with crap like this. Go here and do some reading.

Win7 was officially released in October of that year. Being a Microsoft Partner I had the release (gold) candidate many months before that. The review I did was with the latest drivers both from Microsoft and Nvidia. Nvidia have since released no less than 15 driver updates and patches since the review for this 3D system. Including the recent problems where they released 4 updates over a weekend. The GTX8800 SLI review still stands and I have since run it on GTX460 single. It still has issues even on this, the newest of the Nvidia platforms. The technology is good but it still requires the installer to be familiar with technology and willing to work at updates and de-installing and re-installing and testing at length.

Please do some research yourself before coming out with flippant remarks or next time I'll just delete your comment.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

Reviewer

A. Cresswell
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Location: london, UK