TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 May 2014
Colour: Silver|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First impression on opening the box is that it was smaller than I was expecting but it feels solid in your hands and not at all flimsy.

There is a quick start-up leaflet included in the box but if you want more detailed instructions then you'll have to download and/or print them off from the website. Whilst I realise this reduces the company's carbon footprint I'm deducting a star because they're essentially passing this cost onto their customers (and printer ink isn't cheap).

If you're buying as a gift as well as the lack of detailed instructions you should also bear in mind that like most cameras now it doesn't come with a case or a memory card. And unlike some cameras which have a small amount of internal memory, this has none, so until you've got a memory card it's not going to work. To save disappoint on someone's special day make sure you have a memory card ready to go and an idea of how the camera works.

I'm more used to a bigger Olympus but the interface of the Canon is quite intuitive and I think if you've used a digital camera before you'll be able to muddle through. If (like me) you're going to be using it in auto mode and pointing and shooting then you should be able to get to grips with it quite easily. For anything fancier I think you'll have to bite the bullet and download the instructions.

I really like how despite its small size it feels sturdy, and the crispness of the pictures taken from such a small camera impressed me. I'd be happy to slip this into my handbag for those 'I wish I had a camera with me' moments, after I'd bought a case for it of course.
22 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?