on 13 July 2011
..... but the storyline just didn't work.

I really enjoy Ms Day's story telling - just not this one! I pushed on through 3 chapters, but when I found myself skipping paragraphs then pages, I put the book down. I tried skipping to the end to read the last couple of chapters but gave up after reading a couple of lines. I was defeated by this book.

I mean - really. Why couldn't Isabel just make love to her husband and have contingency plans for when he started to stray (if he ever did)? Forwarned is forearmed. Just guard your heart girl and get on with it! Yes, your first husband was a bast**d - you keeping bringing this up in your thoughts got pretty old pretty quick :-(

This book started out really well but started to frizzle really quickly. I really wanted to like but, alas, it was not to be.

They were together for all the wrong reasons. They are London's most scandalous couple. Isabel, Lady Pelham, and Gerard Faulkner, Marquess of Grayson, are well matched in all things - their lusty appetites, constant paramours, wicked wits and their absolute refusal to ruin their marriage of convenience by falling in love.........
What's this?