on 3 May 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, the superior portable system has arrived.

*PLEASE BE WARNED THAT ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE AND APOLOGIZE FOR MY GRAMAR :)

I think this is my first review ever, usually I can never be bothered repeating others opinion since they have pretty much covered everything. This time however I have to add my "two cents" because this little device really deserves all the praise.

Currently I use the AK100 with my Shure's SE535 and i am happy to report that this is a perfect marriage.

When i first got my Shure 535 IEM and hooked them up to my iphone 4 and listened to some loseless albums i was in heaven and didn't think it could get any better.... but boy, how wrong was I at that time!

Knowing that this was just the beginning in my audiophile journey I was ready to take the next step I started doing some research. I've seen many great reviews about the Ak100 and how it could play MQS (Mastering Quality Sound) music on the go! I have decided to try it out with my own ears.

I could not believe how superior the sound is compared to the Iphone 4 and that is just playing CD quality loosless audio. The sound stage is much wider, much better instrument separation and tone and so much more details that could not be picked up on the iphone even with the Shure 535's!

Now here comes the real deal....24bit/196 mastering quality music. Words can not describe how breathtaking it is, it's like every musician is performing exclusively for you in a studio environment for free all the time. There is only one thing you have to know....you really need to play the right music to appreciate this device like Jazz, blues, rock, classical...generally everything that has real instruments. I would not see any point of buying this to listen to electro, techno etc. since i does not have too much detail that could be revealed with the AK100 anyway and probably not many wouldn't see the difference between their regular portable player.

I can truly recommend this to anyone who loves music and wants the best sound quality. Now having the perfect portable solution I can start saving up for my home listening setup: ALO Audio International portable Amp and Audeze LCD 3 Headphones and obviously the AK100 as the source :)

Sorry have to go now....Led Zeppelin is waiting in my room to perform for me :)

Happy listening!
Martin
0Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.