on 12 November 2010
As a newcomer to golf I spent about six months at the end of last year taking lessons from a PGA Pro and practicing what I was taught in between lessons at the golf range near me. After Christmas I was pretty much in the same situation as before I started learning with balls being hooked, sliced, fat shots, thin shots etc and constant back ache from trying to position my body in the way I was being taught.

At the beginning of this year's golfing season I decided to research other swing theories with the idea that perhaps my back lordosis was preventing me from performing a 'normal' swing and I read about S&T on the Golf Digest website. I took a 7 iron to the range and practiced what I'd read in the articles on GD and *immediately* saw a difference in my swing. I picked up this book and the DVD set as soon as I was home and have never looked back.

I guess the difference between me and another reviewer on here is that he is already an experienced and good golfer so he has valid preconceptions on the golf swing. I started from nothing at all so I'm open to all information on the golf swing. My handicap has already come down from 28 to 22 in the last six months thanks to S&T and playing courses rather than just range practice.

My suggestion is to read and try S&T using the info on GD website and see how you do. If you like it then grab the DVD's (which are more descriptive than the book) and once you're hitting reasonably and you want to troubleshoot your swing get the book or find a S&T pro and take a lesson.

I guess it works for some but not for all so start with free resources and move onto purchased ones if it's working for you.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.