TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 January 2013
I tried this the first time I visited museums in the US over 20 years ago and I loved it. I am surprised at some negative reviews here. First of all this is a great gift item (for all ages) and so far everybody I have given this to has also loved it. What is not to love, we are talking about a small dry bar that has a strange texture like some sort of soft building material or insulation, which once is wet in your mouth tastes exactly like an average ice-cream sans the cold. Yes, it always comes in pieces, but that's basically how you eat it.
This is the flavor most people prefer, with the ice-cream sandwich coming second. Stranger things like freeze-dried strawberries are, to me, cool to try out but I actively seek the ice-cream every now and then, more than 2 decades after first trying it out as a kid.
There is a big gripe about its price. On the UK Amazon it costs as much or more than museum gift shops, which is ridiculously expensive. On the US Amazon it is still a rather expensive treat but it is down to 1/3rd the price it is here (at least in bundles, but I can't get it shipped to Europe).
4 people found this helpful