on 29 August 2007
I am a big fant of ASOFAI saga. I think is the best fantasy series ever, even better than Lord of the ring.
But for The feast for crows I had high expectations, that werent totaly fulfiled.
The story is much more slow than in the last book; there is less action; there is almost no war going on - all the things we all loved about Storm of swords. I think that Mr. Martin did that on purpose. I also expect the nex book Dance with dragons to also be more slow going. I think this two books will place characters to certain places and to certain position, where they need be for the big finale and for the big The end.
I am not saying that I didnt like the book, it is very good, the language,the dialogues, the schemes, the characters - it is just that the Storm of swords was so more epic and more groundbreaking for a lot of the characters and major families.
The story is much about Cersei, Brienne and Jamie - some of it you will like, some of it you wont. I especially liked the besieging of Riverun.
So buy it and enjoy it.