on 18 October 2013
Hi
I can remember my first Dolby pro logic system,
I watched Armageddon and spent a weeks wages on that system and therein started my sonic appreciation.
Over the years I invested in a YAMAHA who were an early pioneer of soundbar tech when rivals still offered a full 5.1 wired setup.
Now we all know the latter sounds great (depends on where you're sitting mind) but it's not always practical.
Rooms all come in different shapes and sizes too.
Hats off to Bose, who have offered a "lifestyle" system for some years now-albeit for a small mortgage.
When I first heard of Orbitsound I was instantly intrigued by this "Airsound" and it's application, no searching for a sweet spot? True stereo wherever I am in the room?
Other brands had promised this and for me it was like sitting in a hollow cave and to be honest I was losing faith.
DTS, Dolby Digital, not to mention manufacturers proprietary sound systems have saturated the market but without the full speakers setup, left me short changed.
I'm not knocking anyone or thing here, it's purely based on a dedicated opinion, you need only ask my wife how long I've spent tweaking my kit to understand I'm a bit borderline obsessive about getting the best from my products.
I watched Ted's spiel (the inventor) via youtube and became more interested by Orbitsound, this really did seem different.
The TARDIS like speaker enclosures across the range only go on to make you question if this is all possible but hey , 40 years in sound makes him pretty qualified if you ask me.
Cut to now, I went to John Lewis at the Trafford centre and stood motionless for a few minutes after a demo.
Honestly, It felt like getting Castle Greyskull for Christmas as a kid, elated, happy, satisfied, bag it up my good man.
I set it up at home later that day and in the last 48 hrs or so I've thrown (sonically) everything at it and it's simply brilliant.
Depth, clarity, gusto bass all around (and I mean all around me) no hiss, distortion, customizable controls in a sleek remote and the main units satisfyingly made of wood.
Important this, as you don't see Mr Clapton with a metal or plastic guitar do you ?
My wife thinks I can get too technical at times and I could mention cross-cancellation and spatial stereo at source but really all need serve you is that Orbitsound really have managed to encapsulate a lifestyle system that's neat, unobtrusive and aesthetically pleasing.
Mine's a T9, and this is the base model, but by no means do I believe this inferior.
Simplicity is also where they gain key ground, no selecting codecs or switching from this to that (other than a fully controllable ipod dock).
Even the cable from the hi-gloss finished main unit to the subwoofer is reassuringly thick and of a high standard.
If this makes me a fanboy then I stand guilty as charged, it's simply one of the best things I've ever bought and I urge anybody interested to go and listen to one.

Chris
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.