Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 30 May 2008
The OC, season 4 - I think I have to agree with some of the sentiments on here that season 4 was the best since the first season, and I do think that's largely due to the departure of Marissa, but not necessarily Mischa Barton. I think Barton is a great actress and have liked her for years, however the character of Marissa seemed to be stuck in a rut and going nowhere, so getting rid of her helped the show a lot. It's such a huge shame the show was cancelled after season 4 because I thought it had found itself again with the introduction of Kaitlyn and Taylor - they should have a least given them a full season to explore the new characters and relationships properly, because I think it might have saved the show in the end and it could have carried on. Summer is still without a doubt my favourite character, and had been since season one, and I still found Seth to be as annoying as ever.... All in all though, this is a DVD set worth buying if you're an OC fan. :)

Oh, and while I think about it - one pet peeve I always had about the OC was that they didn't explore Summer's "anger blackouts" in more detail, I think that would have made a good story arc for her character.
7 people found this helpful