on 18 April 2012
I've been playing off 11 for years, mainly on the back of a good short game and good course management, my ball striking has been poor, mainly resulting in a very low ball flight, i knew something was wrong but nothing i tried really worked.

Out of desperation i turned to this book, it was so cheap i had nothing to lose.

I had been noticing around this time that all the pro's i had been watching on TV were turning there shoulders on a much steeper plane than myself and most amatuers I observed.

As soon as i read the main backswing move was turning the left shoulder down allowing the right shoulder to 'go high' i thought we were onto something.

I digested the book and took it to the course, things were encouraging, i felt great about the backswing position but i felt that something wasnt working in the downswing. I thought about this and realised the suggested downswing 'trigger' didnt really work for me. I thought about this and decided to just reverse the backswing move.

So if the backswing was left shoulder down, right shoulder up my downswing 'thought' was right shoulder down, left shoulder up.

Bingo.

Solid impact, big fat divot, soaring high ball flight. hitting the ball with the 5th and 6th 'groove' instead of the 2nd or third.

Playing to my handicap comfortably whilst still working this in.

Its really, beautifully simple, i dont even think about my arms or hands in the swing, just turning my shoulders.

Still to work on grip pressure and shaping the ball but really happy i'm on the right track.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.